StarBaron - Skirmish StarBaron - Skirmish

Addicting!

I love it! Played it one first difficulty and won... then played on second and lost rather quickly... then tried again on second and almost lost at the beginning but made a hell of a comeback and ruled the galaxy!

I can't believe this is only a Beta!!! This was perfect as is... but please don't make the full version too complicated. Once you add ship upgrades and different tiers of specialized stars (like Defence lvl 1, lvl 2, etc) then it's impossible to catch back up once you've fallen behind. And you have to be constantly checking the menus and thinking "is it the right time to buy this upgrade? should I buy this or this? Are the upgrades balanced or is there one that will help me out of this particular situation?"

It may seem like a boring idea to you, but I suggest that if you want to add upgrades and tiers, etc, you should make them automatically affect all players depending on game time. As I said before, your game is perfect as is. Adding visual changes periodically throughout the game will make it more visually appealing and will keep people's interest longer. Even if you don't technically have to "work" for the upgrades, they are your reward for simply staying alive.

Honestly, think about it, the only complaint that people have is that it is too hard. Would you want to increase the complexity of the game by forcing people to micromanage? That will only increase the number of complainers. Give them the micromanagement for free but show them the progress, and they will be more interested.

Gates vs. Jobs: The Game! Gates vs. Jobs: The Game!

um...

"Let's go make some spead-sheets"? More like, "Let's go play some video games" or "Let's surf the net on a browser that's actually compatible everywhere"

Agent Scarecrow #2 Agent Scarecrow #2

my other summary was too short

I play dance dance revolution and guitar hero and that minigame was retardedly hard. I beat it the second try but just barely. And why does the sequence lag like that whenever you hit the breaks? I thought it was a glitch at first, but it kept fucking me up. If you just make things smoother it would improve gameplay. And lower the minimum score to like 1000, maybe lower. Or keep it where it is and just allow people to just start the chase over, not have to go through all the bs over again.

But you're only flaw is the chase here (though it is very flawed I think) overall good game so I gave you a 9.

Goliath The Soothsayer Goliath The Soothsayer

Finally, the new Mars Volta album... time to get stoned ;P

Prison Escape Verison .8 Prison Escape Verison .8

Good first attempt.

Graphics, sound, and color would have been nice. At least color, or a special screen that actually makes you feel victorious. The first time I won I thought I actually lost, because it was almost the same as the lose screen.

Any kind of drawing would have been nice. Items would have been nice too. Nothing too complicated, but not too simple either. I dont want to assemble an atomic bomb by combining uranium-235 and icosidodecahedron-shaped steel casing with ten compression charges. But I also dont want the same-old redundant get key, open door, get key, open door.... you get what I'm saying. Just room for improving, which everyone has.

JoesCrabshak responds:

Thanks for the honest review, I will work on these suggestions in the near future, but this isn't the finished version either.

Still, thanks for the review. I like honesty

Simple Magic 8 ball Simple Magic 8 ball

boundries, man. Boundries.

Mine went off the screen *sniff* *sniff* :(

Nameless THE GAME Nameless THE GAME

Well I'm not like the others...

I can tell a lot of work was put into it... it was good and all... but the controls absolutely sucked. I mean, you just need some minor tweaking to make them awesome, but right now they suck. You need stuff to move faster, ESPECIALLY the character that you control. THe way it is right now, it's just like punch, block, punch, block, punch, move on. Jumping is outright useless for fighting and both attacks are way too slow. Everything just seemed like it was moving in slow motion. Sorry, but I just couldn't stand this game. I still think you desserve a 10 though, because I always vote too high on crappy stuff and you definately desserve a high score for everythign else.

LazyMuffin responds:

It's my first game and I understand its not top notch.
Thanks for the criticism.

AT: Smoother Animation AT: Smoother Animation

cut off?

some of the stuff was cut off... I couldn't read what it was saying. Very basic tutorial, would get more points from me if it covered more stuff.

Handdrawn cargame v.0.23 Handdrawn cargame v.0.23

Good...

I'll give you credit for the scripting part of this game but I'm not diggin the music, graphics, or the controls. Could definately be improved. Music goes without explaining.

However, the graphics can be summed up pretty easily... raster? Who does raster in flash for a game like this? I mean maybe you're just going for that specific look or something but... it's just not that great. But man I can relate... cuz I absolutely suck at graphics... I mean I could do good if I spent hours on it but I'm lazy.

Then the controls. Man I have no idea how you'd fix that. But the controls right now are confusing as hell, I dont know where I'm going. Instead of making it so taht the left and right controls the angle at which you move, make it so that if you push left you move left, right moves right, up moves up, etc. Then aim/shoot with mouse.